Einführung in den Obertongesang 05.02 - 06.02.2022Overtone singing, the fascinating art of singing two notes simultaneously with one voice, an amazing vocal effect that can be learned by anyone who can talk.
Course language : German
Overtone singing, the fascinating art of singing two notes simultaneously with one voice, an amazing vocal effect that can be learned by anyone who can talk.
Harmonics are a natural component of any vocal sound, but usually they are not perceived. Special tongue positions can raise them out of the vocal sound. The result is an almost supernatural, glasharp-like melody that rises above the voice.
The course is suitable for beginners, but also slightly advanced students can polish their technique cleanly from the ground up. Wolfgang Saus shows you in this course in a few hours how to conjure up these fine sounds from your own voice. In small, easy to follow learning steps you will learn :
- how to permanently expand your hearing with „overtone hearing“ using a special exercise,
- how to bring out clear overtones in your voice, and what the back tongue has to do with it,
- what tricks you can use to amplify overtones enormously while keeping your voice relaxed,
- where overtones come from and why they have such a fascinating effect,
- what overtone techniques exist and what you can do with them.
After this course you will :
- sing clearly audible overtones,
- understand and apply the basic technique of overtone singing,
- discover overtones all around you that you have not noticed before,
- get exercises to develop your overtones even after the course.
The course is held online using the software Zoom. The exercises are designed to introduce the singing technique in small steps. In many briefer practice phases, everyone gets the opportunity to optimize and customize the exercises in dialogue with the instructor. For this purpose, the participants who wish to do so are unlocked one after the other, so that everyone can follow the adjustments and experiment with them individually. Because every voice is different, in this way an individually optimized way to the overtones is found for everyone.
5 February 2022, 17.00 (5 pm CET) – 19.00 (7 pm CET) – ZOOM
6 February 2022, 17.00 (5 pm CET) – 19.00 (7 pm CET) – ZOOM
Price for the 2-days workshop: 20 €
The next workshop, in English, will take place on 5 March 2022 and 6 March 2022 from 5 to 7 p.m.